- Runs on Apple's OSX, Linux, Unix using Apache
- Package Installer available for OSX. Simple push button install
- Runs on Windows under Apache, IIS or Personal Web Server
- You can create "skins" using standard CSS syntax:
- All colors, fonts, and positioning set with external CSS file. You can restyle the look and feel.
- Just about every element can be controlled for position or style
- My artistic skills are somewhat limited (sigh), but you can see some sample Skins with the online Online Demo
- The sample skins are available for download
- No database required. YoDJ will scan the music directory that you specify.
- Create file and directory annotations with simple text files
- Control access on a file or directory basis. Hide directories or files.
- Define what files can be streamed and what can be downloaded
- Many variations on this theme
- YoDJ Captures the referring URL. You can embed it in your web site and it will automatically set
a Home button for the user to the referring URL. If it doesn't see a referring URL, the Home button does not appear.
- If you prefer, you can also define a specific button for the HOME button
- Users Can Create Playlists:
- Playlist options are easy to follow and only appear when appropriate
- Playlist buttons only appear when the user creates a playlist
- Select items to play from within Playlist
- YoDJ! can also play canned or pre-built playlists
- No button appears unless it is context appropriate
- Framed presentation that keeps all controls visible to the user for speed and ease of use.
- If you do not like frames - Turn them off!
- Registered version supports CSS frames
- Frame sizes easily defined to suite your style
- Send Playlists in either extended or simple format
- Most modern media players handle this, but some older players do not.
- Handles new undocumented bugs (oops: features) in Microsoft Windows Media Player
- Detects when streaming to Windows Media Player and adjusts to handle WMM behavior
- Rename yoDJ and it will pick up a differnet INI configuration file. This allows you to run multiple versions from
the same directory:
- YoDJ will look for YoDJ.ini
- Otherdj will look for otherdj.ini
- greendj will look for greendj.ini
- you make the same site with differerent looks for example. This is how the Online Demo works
- Reads MP3 header information: (Registered version only)
- Inject custom headers and footers: (Registered Version only)
- If you cannot define it, control it or style it - I call that a bug and will fix it
- YoDJ is under active development: Open to requests..